Alex: 27"(50-75%), 16lbs. 14 oz.(50%), Head Circumference 43cm(25-50%)
Bren: 26.5"(50%), 17lbs. 7.5oz.(50%), Head Circumference 44cm(50-75%)
So Alex weighs less, but is a 1/2 inch taller. Bren's days as the physically bigger brother are numbered it seems.
We did have a little drama when we arrived to the clinic. One of the front tires got mean and started hissing at me. When I got into the clinic, I had a terribly long questionnaire to fill out for Alex's development all while trying to figure out what to do about my flattening tire. It came to me to call our good friends Daniel and Meg Hewes to see if I could get a ride home.
Well, they went far above and beyond! They came to the clinic and got my keys and went back to my house and got me my other car. Then, when we were done with the appointment, Daniel took on a HUGE challenge of getting down the spare. The spare with NOT enough air of course. Meg had a neat little air-pumping thing that plugged into the lighter socket and they were able to fill the front tire just enough to get it to the gas station.
Daniel filled all the tires, took the truck to his house, changed out to the spare, even tried to find the leak in the bad tire AND delivered the truck last night! Such SERVICE!!!
They don't think it was all that much, but for me while my husband is deployed, it's the WORLD! And to Vinnie too. We will be forever grateful for their sweetness! Thanks Daniel and Meg!
When we were going to be leaving the pediatrician, a little girl with her baggy of Pacifiers started handing them to Alex. Bren just gave his baggy over to the Paci Fairy on Sat. I steeled myself for crying/screaming/kicking, etc. on Bren's part but he was barely interested. The girl's mommy said that she had just turned 3 a few days before and she was hoping the girl would find some baby to give her pacifiers to but that the next day was the deadline. I told her that Bren did ask for his for a few days but was fine when I reminded him that he left them for the Paci Fairy and that she left him the Mr. Potato Head toy in exchange. Just kind of gave me a look like, "Oh yeah!" She hadn't heard about the Paci Fairy and said she might try it. I don't know how it went for her, but am hoping her little girl did fine. I'm convinced that if Bren was fine about it, any kid would be because he was VERY attached to it.
Alex gets his Paci at night to help him sleep but he doesn't use it during the day at all. His will be going away soon too, once we get him sleeping through the night out of his swaddler that pins his arms to his side and makes him feel snug and secure. He's been managing to get an arm out here and there and he wakes up when he does so we'll see how he does soon because he's outgrowing the swaddler. The Germans have what they call a "schlafsack" and it's like a blanket they can wear and we have a couple of those. They do have them somewhat in America too, but I've noticed they're for newborns to maybe 1 yr. while the Germans have them for approx. up to age 4.
Yay a new adventure! Wish us luck!


I feel special we made your blog :) We were glad to help out.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I love the last picture of the boys in the chair- they look adorable!
aaawh gotta love the military questionare's for babies...it is like can't they mail them to us to fill out at home. I took Nattie to her last appt. by myself because Chris was laid up on the couch...I think I skipped through some of the questions....
ReplyDeleteThat is soo sweet of your friends...thank God for Military families....Glad you made it to the clinic before the tire was flat.
Alex is such a cutie...he reminds me of those little snow-babies....ecspecially thinking of him all bundled up ! Nattie used the paci for a bit when she was really little but nothing now...Litterally I am her paci which kind of stinks at times...the joys of breast feeding.uuuuhh.