They gave me a gift card for store credit so we headed over to the toy dept. and I let them "choose" their own toys. Bren seemed to understand the concept a little and made a grap for a Tonka Fire Truck he always plays with whenever we are at Target and Walmart so I just know he knew what he was doing when he chose that. I put a bunch of different toys in Alex's price range in front of him and he seemed to like this one the best and they are actually being very good about sharing with each other. We did have a "detached ladder" incident when Alex ripped the ladder right off of the fire truck, and I was scratching my head trying to figure out if I was going to be able to get it back on or if I'd have to wait for Vin when Bren just gave it the once over and figured it out and VOILA!, he got it right back on! He's an engineer in the making, that one!
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Pics of the boys and Alex with Papa...
Of all the rotten luck, the boys grew like weeds just a few weeks before we moved into our house. Auntie April and Uncle Andy Lau held off sending us a "care/birthday" package for the boys because we kept telling them, "Not yet" when they'd ask us if we were any closer to getting into our house and we told them to hold off till we were officially in because we weren't sure about how good the base would be about mail-forwarding. Well, the 2 "little" stinkers had a growth spurt which sent me scrambling to find a few 18 mo. outfits for Alex to tide him over till I could get my hands on Bren's old things in our HHG's shipment because I knew I had enough "hand-me-downs." Bren shot up too and of course is now in 4T. They sent the cutest outfits but in 12 mos. and 3T and those so-and-so's outgrew those sizes in the time since then till now so Auntie April included where she got the VERY cute duds so I just took them back to Walmart a couple of days ago.
They gave me a gift card for store credit so we headed over to the toy dept. and I let them "choose" their own toys. Bren seemed to understand the concept a little and made a grap for a Tonka Fire Truck he always plays with whenever we are at Target and Walmart so I just know he knew what he was doing when he chose that. I put a bunch of different toys in Alex's price range in front of him and he seemed to like this one the best and they are actually being very good about sharing with each other. We did have a "detached ladder" incident when Alex ripped the ladder right off of the fire truck, and I was scratching my head trying to figure out if I was going to be able to get it back on or if I'd have to wait for Vin when Bren just gave it the once over and figured it out and VOILA!, he got it right back on! He's an engineer in the making, that one!
Bren's new RED Fire Truck
Auntie April and Uncle Andy included the Parent's Drum kit/set and Alex just LOVES the lid as you can see--so can he!
His own portable window! And Alex in his birthday Star Wars shirt compliments of Auntie Kathy & Uncle Chris now that he's finally big enough to wear thanks to the aforementioned growth spurt. Vin did spend all weekend watching Star Wars and explained everything he could to Bren about Hoth, Chewbacca, R2D2, C-3PO, etc. We're starting him young. His Auntie Kathy L. would be proud. ;)
They gave me a gift card for store credit so we headed over to the toy dept. and I let them "choose" their own toys. Bren seemed to understand the concept a little and made a grap for a Tonka Fire Truck he always plays with whenever we are at Target and Walmart so I just know he knew what he was doing when he chose that. I put a bunch of different toys in Alex's price range in front of him and he seemed to like this one the best and they are actually being very good about sharing with each other. We did have a "detached ladder" incident when Alex ripped the ladder right off of the fire truck, and I was scratching my head trying to figure out if I was going to be able to get it back on or if I'd have to wait for Vin when Bren just gave it the once over and figured it out and VOILA!, he got it right back on! He's an engineer in the making, that one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


josh has that same firetruck! cute pix, glad y'all are having fun!
ReplyDelete