Monday, July 5, 2010

Bren's hitting the sauce

Posted by Vin...

The top thing Bren has surprised me with came from dining out today as well. Before the food came, Brennan was apparently really hungry...or so I thought. Shannon informs me that this started happening while I was gone and is not a one time occurrence.

So there we were, waiting for the food to come, when Brennan asks for a spoon. He wanted to have some sauce. I thought maybe some ketchup...maybe some of the many syrups for his pancakes he ordered, but I could never have imagined it was for...

PEPPER!!!

Yep, straight up, eat it off a spoon, pepper. This is the same boy who just yesterday refused to eat any of the fried dough/funnel cake with strawberries and whipped cream I offered him while we were at 4th of July festivities. That wasn't to his liking, but pepper straight down the gullet appeases him.

To explain about the "sauce" I have to say that Brennan also loves eating Parmesan cheese. We'll give him plain, cooked noodles (because he doesn't care for spaghetti sauce on them) covered with Parmesan cheese. He'll then eat all the Parmesan off and ask for more "sauce". We haven't been able to convince him yet that it's cheese, not sauce, but that's his term for things that you shake onto something. Right at the beginning of the recording he does correct himself though. You'll hear him saying, "Saaaaaauce," when it starts, but then he says, "Pepper actually." It ends with me asking if it was good with his response of, "Uh-huh."

This was about his fifth or sixth or tenth spoonful (it was hard to keep track) so I had to get a recording of it. Here it is...enjoy, laugh, and/or be disgusted. You be the judge.

2 comments:

  1. Quite interesting....just like Natalie is quite picky when it comes to food...but for some reason she loves smoked salmon....mmmmmm. Kids taste buds must be ever-changing....Maybe you can put some flax-seed in a pepper shaker so he puts that in his cereal in the morning! Hehehehe...then he would get some good Omega-3's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...Josh is still obsessed with the lemons in the water/tea glasses at restaurants...tonight he was trying so hard to get it all completely cleaned out of the rind that his mouth got all red and raw around his lips!! Crazy kid...he's been this way since AJ said, "I wonder what he'd think about this lemon?" at a resaurant in Dallas when he was 6 mos old. He loved it, but AJ conveniently missed the results of that citrus fest...yuck! Thankfully it doesn't bother his digestion anymore...

    ReplyDelete