So, I thought Bren was finally catching on with saying "Mama". I kept asking him, "Who am I?" and he'd reply, "Mum." It tickled me so until this morning when Vin asked him, "Who am I?" to which Bren replied, "Mum." So, apparently the reply to "Who am I?" no matter who you are is, "Mum." We'll just have to work with him on it a bit more.
He is doing great with being more consistant with recognition of things. Whenever we point to a car and say, "What is that?" he says "vvvvvvv" for "vroom." We ask him how a doggie goes and he says, "ooh ooh." Then we ask him how a kitty goes and he says, "ooh ooh" only in a higher pitched voice. It's really cute.
He also makes the "vvvvvv" sound and makes the sign for airplane whenever airplanes go over our house which is pretty constantly and whenever he sees one. Today, however, we found out house flies apparently go "vvvvv" and get the sign for airplane too.
The other day I kept saying, "Come on Bren. We go now." And then I shortened it to "We go" and kept repeating it and then he said, "We doh". Hasn't repeated it since, but it's progress and I'll take it!
He's been very vocal for a long time, but it's only recently that he's putting things together a little to form words...ish. He's known for a long time what things are and has been able to point them out, but he's as stubborn as the day is long about speaking...and the days here in Germany are longer and longer. We're not seeing darkness till about 10:45pm and the sun starts coming out around 4:30am. I should know, I'm up going to the bathroom pretty regularly as Alex gets bigger and bigger. 5 & 1/2 weeks to go!!! Can't wait to meet the little bundle of sleep deprivation!
Love to all,
Shannon:)
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Oh yes...trying to get an 18 month old to say what you want them to say is quite funny huh??? I'm sure Bren is sitting back laughing at you and Vinnie and he's gonna talk when he's good and ready. He and Ella Rose have some things up their sleeves because I am sure she does the same thing...kinda looks at me like she knows but she just doesn't want to humor me. What will it be like when they are teenagers? Yikes!
ReplyDeleteSleep Deprevation...you can say that again! Woah...they are soo worth it though. Thank you soooo much again for the boppy, it washes really easy ! I am impressed....Hang in there for the last couple weeks....enjoy your sleep while you got it ! How long did you BF bren ? I am going to try and stick out out for at least 9 months...well better get some laundry done. miss ya lots-
ReplyDelete