I'm starting to feel like Linus when he missed the "Great Pumpkin"! This morning I was IN the living room with Alex and Brennan, sitting on the floor, talking to Vin, Alex was whining a LOT, and Bren had me playing with him so I was distracted and when I hung up the phone, I turned to see that Alex had yet again gotten himself into a kneeling position at the music table. I'm about to Nanny Cam that kid because being a SAHM is NOT guaranteeing me seeing his wonderful firsts. All I need is one of those attachable cameras like they had in Blair Witch and I can then strap it onto him somehow so that it will capture all of these moments he's not willing to share with his poor ole Mum.
THEN, I put him down on the carpet as we were all getting our coats on to go for a walk as it's a lovely day here in Germany with scattered clouds and no rain--rare--when Vin jokingly says, "Hey Alex, stop crawling without your Mamma being able to see you!" I come running into the living room leaving Bren with only one of his arms in his coat and there is Alex SITTING UP all on his own! I asked Vin if he put Alex upright and he said he hadn't so even though he was kidding about the crawling thing (great sense of humor. He should be a stand-up comedian but since he's not and no one is paying him he can KNOCK IT OFF!--grr), Alex managed to sit up without me seeing it. 8/1/2007 Brennan sat up for the first time by himself and I was on the floor with him and snapped photos and EVERYTHING! Bren is LOUDLY independent but Alex is way too quietly independent in that I keep missing these wonderful milestones which I'm happy for him that he's doing but SAD and PUT OUT for missing.
I can just see him years from now belly-aching that we don't have pics of him doing all the wonderful "firsts" that we have of Bren but I want this documented that HE'S not cooperating on that front. I have no idea if Blogs will exist in the future, but if he EVER whines about it, put him in his place, please!
Frustratedly yours,
Shannon:{
Monday, March 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Can't wait to see pic's of your new place..I hope you guys find something soon ! We may have to come visit and go to Disney....I am just anxious for you guys to be in the states ~ Take Care ;)
ReplyDelete