Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Haircuts...

Normally I cut ALL the boys’ hair, including Vin’s, but my clippers are in our shipment of Household Goods (HHG) so they're here, just not HERE and that meant we had to get haircuts for them all at the Barber shop on base. Alex did well but kept wanting to watch the lady cut his hair so he kept twisting his head around to see her.

NORMALLY, this would cause the haircut to be a bit uneven. But what I didn't know was that apparently she had the super-short clippers and her 4 is like my 2 and her 2 was off the charts short, so now my very light-haired baby is basically a cue-ball, flat on one side--the back of his head is popping out finally, but it's still a pretty steep slope back there. And his actual "bald" spot, the Baby Nevus which is apparently a harmless but HAIRLESS mole, is very prominent.

I'm not confident that it will grow back enough for his 1st Birthday baby pics in 5 SHORT weeks. Wocka Wocka! Poor Alex. He kept looking at himself in the mirror however and it seemed he was admiring his new 'do so, eh, he's happy.

As for Bren, well...there was much, Much, MUCH screaming out of him till either he pooped out or finally realized that this guy's clippers weren't nearly as scary as mine b/c they were virtually silent AND it had a vacuum that sucked up all the hair so it didn't end up in his tear-filled eyes, his snot-pouring nose, nor his wide open SHRIEKING mouth as it does when I do his hair. This guy's clippers were like mine in that the attachments were what I'm used to. So, the kid that COULD get his hair cut to basically nothing but still look like he had hair due to its darker coloring barely got his hair cut at all and we'll get to do this all over again in a few weeks. Yay! erg.

The haircut was $9.40 and I tipped him $4 due to the volume and quantity of the screaming. I'm not sure that I'll ever pay for a haircut for Bren again. I might see if his hair can wait till Aug. when we get our stuff and then just torment him myself for free. It'll be a nice "WELCOME TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD!" Maybe it won't be so bad as it will be really HOT by then and everyone will have their windows closed and A/C on. At least I hope so otherwise I'm sure I'll be getting "visited" by the Dept. of Children's Services, the "anti-haircutting" division. Oy!

11/27/08--Alex just before his 1st haircut ever. The 6th Beetle has been found!
6/16/09--CUEBALL!!!!

A good shot of the birthmark/mole and all the hair that's MISSING!

The Lau Swirl, just like Daddy's and Brennan's. This is Vin's "stamp" on his boys. All 3 of them have this and it goes in the same direction on all of them. SOOO Cute!

3 comments:

  1. He looks more like Bren, and adorable as ever! Hair grows, don't worry! Glad it eventually worked out with Bren. Hope you're doing ok...miss you! Call if you need moral support/venting time/chatter to distract you! Always here for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house is beautiful and I can't wait to see it LIVE

    ReplyDelete