Thursday, October 6, 2011

Southwick Zoo!!!

We had a great day today at the Southwick Zoo! As soon as we left the entrance, the boys started pinging from one exhibit to another as if they were ping pong balls. It was so very ADORABLE!!!

This has to be one of my favorite zoos that I've ever been to. It's so nicely sized and in a gorgeous location. And the staff were so very friendly! Very clean and the animals are very well-cared for. Great for the Preschool crowd too!

The Tortoise and the Lau Boys!
Kookaburra
"Look Mommy! Rabbits!" (Kangaroos actually)


Alex watching the Macaws
Bren getting excited at the Pygmy Goats
We have turkeys around our development in CA, but I'm always driving by them so I never get this close. This guy just stopped by to say, "Hi!"

Kissy kissy...almost!

How's the weather down there?

Bren and Alex were so very excited and this is Bren trying to contain himself after I told him to be gentle around the animals.

My "Rocket Men"


Bren & Alex flying up, up, and away!




Giggly boys!

Say, "Hi Daddy!"
Lions and Bears, Oh My!

Alex is on the taller pony, "Midnight."

Bren is on the shorter pony, "Raindrop."

On the Tractor-Train to go see: Elk, Swans, Blue Herron, and Mallard Ducks. Gorgeous ride through the woods/wetland area!

I told the boys to stand in front of the Giraffe to see who was taller. The Giraffe had his neck down while he was licking at the fence. As soon as I laid down the gauntlet, he/she stood as tall as he/she could. It was so cute!


Bren and Alex really loved these Prairie Dogs. There were 3 of them and 2 were moving dirt and rocks around like crazy. Maybe that's why the boys just LOVED them! They have the same "hobby" as B & A! It was neat to watch how they worked together re-forming their holes. They used their heads to pat the dirt into place. Just Amazing!

Alex was almost trying to climb the wall to get in with the Prairie Dogs to have the same fun they were having. Alex: "Dirt, Rocks, and getting messy...I'm IN!"

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness they are getting so big ! Love the look mommy rabbits... and Bren was pretty brave to take on the space shuttle ride backwards !

    ReplyDelete