Sunday, September 30, 2012

Vinnie has done just a little on his R & R...

New color, new lights, new towel bars, new toilet paper holder (unseen)... old guy in doorway (seen... oops). Still have to work on getting the stonework put up above the shower like in the master bath. I intend on only putting it up on the wall to the back of the shower so I only painted the edges around that area. Brennan the next morning very astutely pointed out that I missed an area. Bugger!
I keep coming up with more and more projects for myself. Two days ago I insulated the garage doors. Just 5 sheets of 4x8 styrofoam, two rolls of silver foil tape, a machete (I bought one to cut down the grasses on the hill in a month or so, but used it to cut the styrofoam to size), and half a day’s work and voila! I’ll send a pick of that result as well. This should keep the garage cooler in the summer. Those south facing, brown painted doors get quite hot on the 90+ degree days. I also bought a few piles of crown molding and will be working on painting and hanging that in the living room, family room, dining room, and master bedroom. I’ll have to buy a paint sprayer and nail gun for that project... insert manly grunt here... OOOhhh-ohh-ohhh!!!
While working on the master bath, we also decided to put up more pot lights (pocket lights... recessed lights... however you might call them). I want to add some more light to the room... about 5 maybe. I looked last night at the “Tool Store” (aka Lowes) and it shouldn’t cost but maybe $50 so I think that’s another one to do this week.
To recap... so far last week we painted two whole bathrooms, put up all new towel bars and toilet paper holders, put in two new light fixtures (well, you could almost say three if you count one fixture twice... I hung the one in the master bath and was putting on the shades when we realized that using the old light fixture’s wiring locale resulted in the light hanging too low so I had to take it off, drill a new hole in the wall for the wiring, fill in the old hole and screw holes, and repaint... then of course, re-hang the light higher), insulated the garage doors, replaced one toilet tank lid that got cracked in the frenzy (won’t say by who), scrubbed down both toilets since I removed the tanks for painting behind them, and gave the lawn and front “flower” beds a trimming.
I’ll be so glad when my leave is over and I can relax!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be cleaning up all the dust and taking some more pics to share on the Blog of the new fixtures and additions so stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete