Sunday, October 28, 2012

Impossible Acre Pumpkin Patch, 10/27/2012

We started off our day at Impossible Acre Pumpkin Patch in Davis, CA. It's by far our FAVORITE pumpkin patch. The hay ride is free. The pumpkins are reasonably priced. The hay maze is free. They charge for the kids to enter the animal petting barn but adults accompanying the kids are FREE! They really make it such a special place to visit for families. I can't rave enough about them. I'm so super excited that BOTH boys were COMPLETELY enthralled with the place yet again. Brennan is growing so fast that I was worried THIS would be the year that he would be too "cool" for the baby animals but he LOVED them yet again! Yay!
 
 I had the boys touch all the "strange" looking pumpkins.
 This is a Nanny goat and her kid.

 Vin and Bren trying to decide if it was indeed a Nanny or Billy Goat. (It had a beard so it was a tough call.)
 The kids (baby goats) were so teensy this year compared to the past few years.
 Brennan was inspecting the line the Nanny goat was tied to.

 Thirsty baby and happy Alex!
 Brennan kept asking for the baby kittens and he FINALLY got to hold and pet them!
 Alex informed Daddy that the kitty he held was very sweet and nice because it didn't growl and hiss like our Simon. So true! In his defense, our Simon will be 14 in a few days and has never really adjusted to being chased and hollared at day in and day out.
 There is a bucket of brushes inside the stall for the children to brush out the pony. They really liked that!

 This was the best shot I could get of the boys with the ADORABLE calf. Sadly, neither are smiling, Alex isn't even looking at me, and I cut the calf's head off. Boo. :-(
 The boys are trying to "pet" the full grown chickens.
 They couldn't believe the hens wouldn't stand still for them.
 It was hilarious watching them chase the hens trying to "pet" them. Ha!
 I think this is the first year with the Alpacas. They were very soft and very calm.
 This is Bren's pose when something isn't like it "should" be. Either we missed the Alpacas last year, or they are new and he was trying to figure them out. LOVE his "hand on hip" pose. He comes by it honestly!
 Brennan in the hay maze. Peek-a-boo!
 Alex standing at a higher point in the hay maze. So handsome!
 Happy Brennan! He LOVES mazes!
 Mamma and boys ready for the Hay Ride! Daddy too...he took the pic!
 LOVE that they both still fit in the wheelbarrow...though Bren's legs are quite a bit longer this year!
The boys "helped" Mamma pick out a few sweet pumpkins to make pies with. I had to UNfill the wheelbarrow with several small pumpkins. I only needed 3 for my pumpkin treats this season! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment