But we did have a nice little "party" the next evening with cake and presents. Unlike Bren, Alex seemed to have the idea about presents straight away. Bren didn't seem to catch on till this past year about how Presents = TOYS & FUN!!! Bren's got the idea now and really wanted to "help" his little bro, but little bro didn't need too much help but what help he did need, Daddy was on hand for. And Bren was very gracious about "toy testing" for Alex while Alex finished opening up the rest of his presents. He had to make sure the toys were "fun approved" before Alex got "saddled" with them. You don't want any duds ya know.
Here are the pics:
Bren: "Mamma, when will you learn? I'm just too cool for this."
"Alright. I guess I can cooperate a little."
Alex's shirt says: "My 1st Birthday" and Bren's says, "Two's aren't terrible. I'm having a blast."
"I'm gonna git ya!"
Almost able to stand on his own from a sitting position.
Ta-da!!!
Alex & Papa

Cute Alex
Vin & Bren with the same "sleepy" expression.
Papa smiling. Bren & Alex with the same, "are ya kidding me?" look. Such 'tude.
Papa & his boys.
Pre-cake.
So here's the cake I bought but the guy working at the bakery at the grocery store didn't want to even try to write on it, so he had me come behind the counter and do it myself. I'm not that good at it either. Plus, it tipped in the bag when I was coming up the stairs so there was a little "repair work" I had to do. *sigh*
"Hmm. What's this?"
"Well, it's *something* so I have to put it in my mouth. I am a 'Billy Goat' after all."
"Not bad."
Wait for it...
SUGAR RUSH ACHIEVED!!!
"ME WANT MORE!!!" (Don't worry. Vin and I took most of the cake away once he started acting crazy.)
Bren eating his cake with a spoon. He HATES making messes...
but LOVES ratting out his brother who is THE MESSIEST EATER EVER!!!
He only *thinks* he's a neat eater. Still not as "yucky" as his bro, but there's chocolate on his face so there.
Final tally: Total Yuckdom!
Present time. "Let me in! I know there's something good in here, it's from Brennan!"
It was just so cute watching him wobble around with this bow that Daddy put on his back.
"Here Dad, let me show you how."
Bow and Squeaky shoes. I have a pair of 7's from when Bren was about 15 mos. old, but Alex started walking 3 wks. before his b-day so I bought him pairs 4-6 so I can keep an "ear" if not an "eye" on him when we're out and about. They're very loud and very CUTE! Thanks Auntie Kathy Lewton for introducing these to me with Josh!!!


glad y'all are still enjoying the squeaky shoes! cute cute cute pix...sorry, I looked on the email the first time, and was rushing, b/c there were little boys needing me, but AJ's being a fantastic daddy and holding/entertaining a fussy and teething Sam currently, while his sick brother is sleeping upstairs. So now I can comment and say HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALEX!! And admit that I still haven't sent his birthday present...shame on me! Sorry! Is there anything in particular you want/need for him? Just wondering...Oh, and we got the box w/ josh's birthday presents today, thanks!! what an early bird you are! I feel inadequate...oh well. anyway, awesome pics, can't wait to spend some time with y'all again sometime (hopefully soon!)
ReplyDelete