Video and pics to follow, but for now here's the story:
I had just gotten done changing both the boys' diapers while Vin sat on the floor reading some stuff out of the Reader's Digest to me. I had "propped" Alex standing up next to the bed. He'd been letting go and just standing next to things but then putting his hand back quickly for several weeks now, but I had no idea he'd progressed THIS far. Vin was still reading so that caught Alex's attention and Alex let go, turned and walked towards Vin with his arms up in "Touchdown" or "Ta-Da" fashion. He stumbled once but didn't fall!!! He caught himself and just kept on walking till he got to Vin--like 7 or 8 steps!!!
I didn't think it would be something he could repeat but we did it a few more times and then we brought out the cameras and got some stills and short videos which I'll post later.
Since then, he's been randomly standing up and walking little by little. It won't be long now till it's his main mode of transportation. He's getting up, walking some steps, then squatting down (which is a separate milestone but this kid is constantly "combo milestoning"), and crawling to the object of his desire--usually paper, wood chips, shoe laces, cords, remote controls, phones, etc. Basically anything he shouldn't have and would choke to death on! Bren soooo did NOT prepare us for that as he would constantly (and still does as in the fly he picked up off the floor and handed me tonight) hand us whatever object he SHOULDN'T have as if he has some sort of built-in radar for what he's NOT to have and what he can. The Alex model did NOT come with that particular feature. This is why Alexander William Lau is now known as "Billy Goat," thanks to my dad who came up with that moniker.
Way to go Alex!!! Our little boy is growing up! For those keeping tabs on this, he first crawled 2 weeks later than Bren but now has walked 20 days before Bren did. Amazing!
We are so blessed by these 2 little treasures!
Love to all,
Shannon:)
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Yea for Alex! I know he must be so much fun watching as he walks around getting into everything!
ReplyDeleteAnd I love the name Billy goat...I have 2 of my own around here. It drives me to distraction seriously! I can't believe Brennan is so good at giving you things he shouldn't have! Wow!