One of the "hazards" of being the only gal in a household of men is to find certain undergarments of mine being "utilized" by means they were NOT intended.
I did laundry all day yesterday after our little bout with the flu, and among the laundry were 2 of my bras, one beige and one pink.
These are a more "delicate" clothing item, so I choose to air-dry them and hang them on chairs outside on the balcony. The boys were feeling better so we let them out there to get some fresh air and to play. They've been out there before while my "laundry" was drying, but never paid any attention to them whatsoever.
That all changed last night.
(As an informational point: aside from pretending to be a "train" lately, Brennan has also been pretending to be a "frog.")
Brennan and Alex were happily playing out on the balcony while Vin and I were in the kitchen chatting. I heard much laughter, both of them bouncing off of one another, so I was already in a "light and fluffy" mood when in "hops" Brennan in his newly discovered "Knee-pad/Sling" contraption. Yes, the "cups" of the bra were protecting his knees while the straps were on his shoulders adding that much-needed extra "Bounce/Spring" action. What can I say? The kid has an engineering mind.
That was enough to put me into hysterics AND THEN my 2nd child, who is walking quite regularly albeit clumsily so he holds his arms up in the air for balance, came toddling into the kitchen with his arms up and the PINK bra on his little self, pulling at the bra which gave it the affect that he was "adjusting the straps" (women will know what I'm talking about) and that just turned me into a puddle of laughing GOO right there.
And all the while, Brennan was laughing in stitches. Him wearing a bra was of a practical nature, but him making Alex wear a bra (the pink girlie one no less) was of a practical joke nature and he thought himself quite the comedian. He was.
Unfortunately (if your a mom and just think this sort of stuff is stinking cute) or Fortunately (if you're a dad and don't ever want photographic proof of any sort of cross-dressing behavior in your sons that may fall into the "wrong" hands later), Vin "remedied" the situation BEFORE I could recover and get pictures so I hope I've described this well enough for your minds' eyes.
Oh these boys!
Monday, July 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


THAT.IS.AWESOME!! Wish you'd been able to get pix...and hope the bras survived ok! Thank you so much for describing that! I can totally see them in my mind!!
ReplyDelete