Tuesday, April 27, 2010

As many of you know, Vin is deployed right now and today marks week 2 of him being gone. Everyone I talk to says the same thing, that although being apart is difficult the entire time their spouse is deployed, the first 2 weeks always seem the hardest. I don't know if that's a scientifically proven fact. I'm just speaking from my own meek experience and from what I've heard from others.
Bren has been a bit put out the past few times Vin's called/Skyped and not wanted to talk to Daddy. We think it's just been his own 3 yr. old self way of dealing with Daddy being gone. So today was super great because not only did he want to talk to Daddy, he told me I could go do something else while he talked with Daddy. Not as politely as that of course. It was more something like: "I talk Daddy. You go away!" Daddy reminded him to use his manners and I think he did tack on the mandatory, "Pwease" at the end, but I got the message.
In my "exile," I decided to grab the camera and get a pic of him talking to Daddy. He didn't want me to "intrude" and was not having any of it so he held the Semi up in front of his face. He eventually lowered the Semi, but would NOT smile. Ornery little bugger!
Oh and for anyone wondering, Alex was kind of wandering around the first couple of days crying, "Daddy?" at the doors, but once he saw Vin on the computer now I think he thinks Daddy just made himself very small and crawled inside and he's always so excited to see his "Computer/Peek-a-Boo Daddy" and they have great fun giggling and "hiding" from each other. It's super cute.
Bren talking "Semi" with Daddy via Skype.
Bren not cooperating all that much but at least he's not Mr. Semi-Face in this one.
This was at the end of "our" chat (not that I got to chat very much due to the Brennan-imposed "Mamma ban") but Bren wasn't letting Daddy go and I sure don't blame him because we just LOVE being able to keep in touch this way. I Praise God for Skype!!!
And just in case we were wondering if Bren was excited about talking to his Daddy, right after we hung up he yelled, "WE DID IT!!! WE GOT TALK DADDY!!!!" and he was jumping up and down and giddy as could be! I'm just so blessed by my men, from little to big!

No comments:

Post a Comment